httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ap_get_server_port differences
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:02:28 GMT

On 11/13/2005 05:16 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> This is something that is documented as a change in 2.0 -> 2.1/2.2
> as well as something that was discussed when the change was
> made. I suggested, iirc, some other UCN option which emulated
> the 2.0 behavior... This is, I believe, still the right way
> to go, esp now since it requires an API change for 2.1/2.2/2.3.

Ok, but what is still confusing me is the fact that you have *three* possible settings
for UCN (On/Off/DNS) but you have *four* different behaviours (The fourth comes when you do
not
have an UNC setting at all in your config). To my memory every directive in the
conf has a default value, but this default value can also be reached by setting it
explicitly. This does not seem to be the case for UNC.

Regards

RĂ¼diger