httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject Re: file tree diff of 2.0 vs 2.2
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:37:41 GMT

<0751d0f704b9533070a1f0edec89ddf3@gbiv.com>, fielding@gbiv.com wrote:

>    o  We have 84 NWGNU* makefiles in the tree, which I find quite
>       wasteful.  Why aren't they generated by a Netware script?
>       At the very least, they should have a comment on the top
>       that says why they exist.

Sorry but the makefiles for NetWare are no where near as clean as Linux
and there isn't much we can do about that.  It would be nice if there
were.  Each NWGNU* make file is different and either builds a specific
NLM or is the parent makefile to other NWGNU* makefiles that build
specific NLMs.   Most of the time the name that follows NWGNU* indicates
which NLM it builds.  There are a few cases in the /build directory
where the NWGNU* file simply contains environment settings or build
rules that are used by all of the others.

Brad