httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip Susi <ps...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: pgp trust for https?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:59:56 GMT
Exactly.  It doesn't matter where you live and what government you live
under, they issue you some form(s) of identification.  A digital
certificate is simply a digital form of identification.  Why should the
government keep using ink and paper documents for identification when
digital ones are much better?

I for one will be glad when I can just get a certificate in my email
instead of waiting in line for 5 hours at the department of motor
vehicles to renew my driver's license.

Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]
don't know where anybody lives. But then I realised it applies equally well to every government
on the planet...