httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject 2.1.9, proxy_http, sub requests
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:40:52 GMT
In mod_proxy_http.c, we have the following code.  I would like to second
the question, why don't sub-requests use keepalives?  I have a situation
where keepalives in sub-requests would be a big win.

/* sub-requests never use keepalives, and mustn't pass request bodies.
      * Because the new logic looks at input_brigade, we will self-terminate
      * input_brigade and jump past all of the request body logic...
      * Reading anything with ap_get_brigade is likely to consume the
      * main request's body or read beyond EOS - which would be unplesant.
      */
     if (r->main) {
         /* XXX: Why DON'T sub-requests use keepalives? */
         p_conn->close++;
         if (old_cl_val) {
             old_cl_val = NULL;
             apr_table_unset(r->headers_in, "Content-Length");
         }
         if (old_te_val) {
             old_te_val = NULL;
             apr_table_unset(r->headers_in, "Transfer-Encoding");
         }
         rb_method = RB_STREAM_CL;
         e = apr_bucket_eos_create(input_brigade->bucket_alloc);
         APR_BRIGADE_INSERT_TAIL(input_brigade, e);
         goto skip_body;
     }

--
Brian Akins