httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Edge connection filter cannot be removed?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:33:51 GMT
This is currently listed as a show stopper in the 2.2.x/STATUS file:

"""
The edge connection filter cannot be removed:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=105366252619530&w=2

jerenkrantz asks: Why should this block a release?

stas replies: because it requires a rewrite of the filters stack
implementation (you have suggested that) and once 2.2 is released you
can't do that anymore.
"""

I believe that this is really a feature enhancement.  It is not a
regression from the 2.0.xx branch.  I don't believe it should be a show
stopper for 2.2.x.

If there is support to change the edge connection filters, get it into
trunk first.  Once it is in trunk, we can have a better handle on back
port it to any branches.

What does everyone think?  I would like to remove this as a show stopper
in a week if there are no objections.

Thanks,

-Paul