httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [vote] 2.1.9 as beta
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:10:09 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

>>As a reminder, if you know of any issues you consider a SHOW STOPPER for
>>a 2.2.0 stable release, please add them to the branches/2.2.x STATUS file.
>
> I'm tempted to suggest the mod_cache Vs mod_authz_host as a
> show-stopper, but since this is going nowhere fast and the only way to
> fix it has a veto, the only viable solution may be to remove mod_cache
> prior to GA.

Well if you see only one way to fix it, yes, I'm guessing it all remains
at an impass for the next few years.  You've claimed this is a bug, I claim
you propose an enhancement.  But I see merit in the desire to restrict
content based on physical authz topography (not on user based authnz which
is already defined by http caching headers.)  Also I suspect that there are
'other ways', not simply one way.

In any case, there's nothing in STATUS and I was prepared to see where the
discussion last ended, but didn't have time today to start trawling through
the maillist archives.  Try adding an entry in STATUS when an issue needs
to be addressed.

Bill