httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r329849 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:20:37 GMT

On 11/01/2005 02:05 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I wanted to avoid making string copies when possible. Plus, we

Ok. That was one point of my question as I saw the need to copy the
string as a drawback compared to your approach. I was only unsure how
much this counts.

> don't want to lowercase the URL, since that means /Foo/bar
> would be the same as /FOO/Bar, which is wrong :)

Sure, but I actually do not do this. I only lowercase scheme and hostname, because
I temporarily terminate my copied string with \0 before I lower case it. So from
the functional point of view my approach should do the same as yours. The question
was more about which solution

- is faster
- is more easy to understand if both versions are equally fast

Regards

RĂ¼diger

[..cut..]