httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cache trouble (Re: [vote] 2.1.9 as beta)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:32:08 GMT
Joshua Slive said:

> I agree with you about 90%.  The problem is that there are a very few
> things that aren't accounted for in standard HTTP caching rules.  One
> example is Varying access by client IP address.

I can't see how you could have any meaningful caching at all if the
content is varied by IP address, unless you had the IP address in a header
and did some clever caching of variants.

In this case you'd probably not use the cache at all for this part of the
URL space.

> Another example is
> changing protocol behavior when communicating with the client.

What protocol behaviour would change, can you give an example?

Regards,
Graham