httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Press release for httpd 2.2 (was Re: OT: performance FUD)
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:13:07 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 11:25:06AM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Re Brian's question above, I think we want a statement emphasizing
> performance and scalability.  It doesn't need to be extremely precise,
> spec-wise.  Most people reading a press release wouldn't care.  We just
> want to transmit the message that you use apache httpd in a very-high
> load situation and that it perfoms very well.  By the way, are you using
> 2.0 or 2.1?

Here's what we've come up with anyway;

  "ftp.heanet.ie has been using Apache httpd 2.1/2.2 for over 6 months
  and has handled up to 27,000 concurrent downloads from a single
  webserver, while delivering terabytes of content per day. Large-file
  support, graceful-stop and mod_cache have improved our level of
  service dramatically."

That hasn't been approved approved just yet, so please don't use it, but
tomorrow when our PR person is back I'll hopefully get it, or something
approximating it, approved.