httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: OT: performance FUD
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:28:51 GMT
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:18:57PM -0500, Brian Akins wrote:
> I know that a press release is out of the question for my company.  We
> do not "endorse or disparage" any product.

That's understandable, for a news organisation. For our part, HEAnet has
no problem being quoted, but maybe something like;

	Apache httpd 2.2 has been developed with community involvement
	and has been deployed and tested on some of the most active
	websites on the internet, and has handled billions of requests
	in production environments.

> We could be referred to as "one large company" or something similar...
> It's not that hard to figure out what we run..

It's public knowledge that CNN.com runs Apache 2.2, would it cause you
a lot of trouble for that to be referenced?