httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [vote] 2.2.0 tarballs
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:36:23 GMT
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:28:43AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I would agree, as long as we remove it for the What's New
> pages until it actually works and builds.
>
> My point, obviously, was that we can't have it both ways and
> say mod_dbd is great and a new core enhancement if it doesn't
> even build under Win32.

Win32 is one platform among many that we support.  Additionally, we have
very few developers who care to maintain Win32.  mod_dbd apparently works
just fine on every other platform.  Therefore, I don't think removing it
from the feature list is warranted.  If no one cared about it until now, I
don't care about it either.

If mod_dbd didn't work on Darwin, I wouldn't ask that we remove it from the
features list if it works on Linux, Solaris, and Win32.  I'd ask that it be
noted and move along.  I don't know why we would or should grant special
consideration to Win32 here.  -- justin