httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [vote] 2.2.0 tarballs
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:22:46 GMT
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:16:04AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> mod_dbd is explicitly mentioned as a new feature of 2.2
> and, therefore, a compelling reason to upgrade. Either
> we stop refering to mod_dbd as something special enough
> to warrant special attention as a core enhancement or
> we fix it so it *is* one.

The fact that no one has ever cared to make mod_dbd work on Windows until
the precise instance that we're to go to GA is complete evidence that this
is not a showstopper.  It's not even in the default build!

It can wait until the next release of 2.2.  We can note it in the release
notes and move along.  -- justin