httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [vote] 2.2.0 tarballs
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:16:04 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:03:59PM +0100, Steffen wrote:
> > Build with no issue here on Windows, except mod_authn_db and dmod_dbd.
> >
> > In the change log:
> >
> > *) Add mod_authn_dbd (SQL-based  authentication) [Nick Kew]
> >
> > I agree with Jesse:
> > 2.2.0 should not go out the door until we can build mod_authn_db and
> > mod_dbd on windows.
>
> It's pretty silly for anybody to suddenly wake up and declare some
> random bug as a showstopper for 2.2.  Nobody has cared enough about the
> problem to fix it in the six months and four(?) 2.1.x alpha/beta
> releases that mod_dbd has been in the tree.  So it clearly isn't really
> very critical to anybody, and isn't showstopper material.

According to:

   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/new_features_2_2.html

mod_dbd is explicitly mentioned as a new feature of 2.2
and, therefore, a compelling reason to upgrade. Either
we stop refering to mod_dbd as something special enough
to warrant special attention as a core enhancement or
we fix it so it *is* one.