httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: proposed authz rewrite (was:Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host)
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:49:00 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 08:33:14AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> other AuthXXXProvider that may come along in the future.  Does anybody
> see a need to keep AuthType around at all under the new authentication
> architecture?

One of the goals of the AAA rewrite was to be directive-backwards
compatible with 2.0's AAA.

We can be compatible for 2.2 and remove it for 2.4 and beyond; but I don't
know if that's really worth it or not.  All things considered, my choice
would be to maintain that until we bump the major: i.e. 3.0.  -- justin