httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: proposed authz rewrite (was:Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host)
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:51:21 GMT

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:

> 'authname' and 'require' are all implemented in the core module.  This
> just doesn't seem like the right place for them so I am considering
> moving the directives to mod_authz_host.  This will also facilitate the

+1. Note that part of the trouble is

	AuthType

which is kind of a core thing, or as least somethign shared among multipel
AAA things.

So one either needs a shared 'fan out' on AAA level for the various
authType(s) - or alternatively to completely kill AuthType and let each of
the AAA modules provide something like AuthBasic on/off, AuthDigest on/off
and let each provide their -own- variant on AuthName; i.e. AuthBasicRealm
or wathever. Killing AuthtType is good in that it propably lets you
combine different Accesses with Auth much cleaner.

Dw