httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: 2.1 Live on Proudction Sites was Re: [VOTE] 2.1.10 as GA
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:13:08 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 12:53:01PM +0000, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 10:44:05AM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> > > FWIW, www.apache.org has been running 2.1.9 since early November.
> >
> > I've been running it exclusively live since 2.1.9 (and previously 2.1.8
> > quietly on a high port).  I expect Colm should be able to report on it
> > running in an ultra-busy environment.
>
> It's been running on ftp.heanet.ie for about 3 hours now, no problems so
> far, but I'll check back in in a few days.

o.k., 76 hours later, a few dozen million requests, 10 Terabytes, a peak
of 480Mbit/sec later and a concurrency of just over 5000 later, no
problems.

+1 on GA, ignore my previous -1, which as Justin pointed out has a
workaround. The build process still needs refinement, but we need more
user feedback too, and it looks like GA is when we're going to get it.