httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy error, segmentation fault
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:13:48 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 06:24:15PM +0100, Christophe Yayon wrote:
> Ji all,
>
> I am trying to configure a apache 2.1.9-beta reverse proxy with mod_proxy
> (or mod_rewrite [P]) and i encounter a strange problem, i think it is a
> bug...
>
> I encounter the problem when i do load tests with 10 simultaneous
> users(with LoadRunner application). When i do single test request (a
> standalone user), i have no error.
>
> Here is the error message that i got in error log :
> proxy: error reading status line from remote server (null), referer ...
> proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by ...
> [...]
> child pid 18743 exit signal Segmentation fault (11) (sometimes only)

Can you firstly try the 2.1.10 test tarball from here:

http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/httpd-2.1.10/

if the problem still occurs, can you obtain a backtrace following the
instructions here:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#crashes

and file a bug in bugzilla http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ including
the proxy configuration and details of the platform in use.

Regards,

joe