httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.10 as GA
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:51:35 GMT
On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 08:48:20AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> -1 for GA. We should have 2.1.10 as beta for at least a week, possibly
> 2, note it as a RC to the general public and the, after significant
> feedback from the user community re-roll as GA.

First off, we have no formal designation of RC.  We proceed with
alpha->beta->GA per our agreed-upon rules.

Paul also said he was going to wait 7-10 days for feedback.  If there's
any legitimate concerns raised during that timeframe, then we can
discuss not having 2.1.10 be a GA.

Remember that we released 2.1.9 (and several others before then)
publicly with very little legitimate negative feedback.  Plus, 2.1.10
has only small code changes from 2.1.9.  So, I'm fairly confident that
we're not going to produce a dud.

Therefore, combined with the fact that I tested 2.1.10 on several
machines here and it's up on minotaur, I see no reason at this time not
to make it a GA.

If there's minor bugs discovered, we'll fix those up for 2.2.1.  2.2.0
doesn't need to be perfect - it just needs to be better than 2.0.x which
this is by a large margin.  -- justin