httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ap_get_server_port differences
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:05:42 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 11/14/2005 10:07 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> >>Yes, the _UNSET usage is very inconsistent, but it's something
> >>that's been inherited from older versions :)
>
> So fixing it, breaks backward compatibility ;-)

Well, we are going from 2.0 to 2.2 :)

> So far I have your opinion which I read as 2.: Default should be OFF
> (I personally would tend to 2.: Default ON).

We document the default as ON, so we should maintain that. But
we need to be explicit in the code; my next patch will
basically not have "fall throughs" where things are
assumed but will be explicit paths.

I tried to address this in 1.3 with UCN_OFF_HONOR_PHYSICAL_PORT,
which was ugly by required so we didn't affect the API. With
2.2, it can be done the "right" way.