httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ap_get_server_port differences
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:22:08 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:

> In the other case, UseCanonicalName On which was default in the 2.0
> branch, we look first in the server_rec and then in the connection.
> You could possibly make a case for having the search order in the top
> of the if clause match the one in the bottom. This against trunk:

There was a specific reason for the change in the 2.1/2.2 branch,
having to do with SSL I believe. In any case, IMO we should allow
for BOTH behaviors via an addition UCN option, like On2.0
or something. This was discussed awhile ago... I think
change the behavior right now for 2.1/2.2 will affect those
who are already using it... instead, we should provide
both elements of functionality.