httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Speedup idea (by changing some strcasecmp into memcmp)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:28:22 GMT
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:45:25PM +0100, Christophe Jaillet wrote:
> If the idea sounds interesting to you, I can provide a set of patchs that
> implement this idea.

Perhaps it would be better to start with profiling data. If you can
demonstrate via profiling that httpd spends a significant proportion of its
time in this area when actually running, I think that's a better approach
than just code inspection.

Experience has shown that in many cases intuition is wrong as to which bits
of code need optimising to improve overall performance.

Regards,

Brian.