httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r227435 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x: CHANGES STATUS modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:48:59 GMT
* jim@apache.org wrote:

> Author: jim
> Date: Thu Aug  4 10:07:57 2005
> New Revision: 227435

> Log:
> mod_proxy: Fix over-eager handling of '%' for reverse proxies.  PR 29554.

Note that this patch broke certain RewriteRules out there, which proxy URLs
with path parameters (http://foo/bar;param?query). It might be questionable
if the Rules were written wrong in the first place, but they are broken by
the update to 2.0.55 now.

For example, I have something like this (shortened):
RewriteMap e int:escape
RewriteRule ^/+(.*) \
    http://backend/${e:$1}?i=${e:%{REMOTE_ADDR}}%{ENV:NEW_QUERY} [P,NE]

If $1 contains a ';', it is escaped by the map to %3B but no longer
unescaped by mod_proxy.

A possible solution would be, of course to be more careful with the rule
(splitting at the ;). A more general solution would be to add ; to the safe
T_OS_ESCAPE_PATH characters in gen_test_char.c. I'd prefer to do the latter
but dunno if there may be problems on non-unices.

What do you think?

nd
--
"Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
beiden Gefährten nicht zu zählen brauchte" -- Karl May, "Winnetou III"

Im Westen was neues: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>