httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_access vs mod_authz_host
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:40:18 GMT
--On November 3, 2005 4:54:08 PM +0000 Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> Just to elaborate on that, it's the name I'm not happy about.
> I'm perfectly happy with the /modules/aaa/ classification.

The problem is that mod_access does not indicate the purpose of the module.
access to what?  What is access?

mod_authz_host is by far the best representation of what the module does and
how it specifically fits into our module classifications.  So, if you are
going to complain about the name, please come up with helpful suggestions
rather than having us revert to an ambiguous name.  -- justin