httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: async write completion prototype
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:42:20 GMT
On 10/10/05, Greg Ames <gregames@apache.org> wrote:

> > - The scoreboard probably needs a redesign.
>
> yep.  Jeff T and I discussed this offline a while back.  a scoreboard
> slot per connection definately has some appeal.

yes, the server needs a way to track all active connections in a
visible manner...  a mod_status report needs to show all active
work...

another concern is a module's own thread-tracking...  an example is
mod_whatkilledus...  in a threaded MPM, it tracks active requests by
pthread id and, after a crash, retrieves the pthread id again to see
what the active request was...  what can we offer modules in lieu of a
native thread id or scoreboard index for stuff like this?