httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Armstrong <>
Subject Should exist: mod_log_dbus?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:59:21 GMT
(Apologies for posting here and on the modules list - it just occured
to me that this might be a better place)

I'm playing around with log analysis at the moment - particularly
real time analysis. Currently I just pipe logs through a Perl script
that does the actual analysis. I'd quite like to be able to have
multiple filters analysing the incoming log entries at the same time.
I can of course do that just by building a pipeline of filters - but
it starts to get messy.

So, I was looking at d-bus [1] and thinking how convenient it would
be if I had a d-bus based logging module. Then I could just write
filters that subscribed to the log messages. I could easily add,
remove and restart filters without touching Apache.

I'm prepared to do some work on such a module but I don't want to do
it if there's some obvious alternative I'm missing. Is this something
that might be useful? Is there something out there already that I've

Andy Armstrong,

View raw message