httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r327945 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/http/http_core.c modules/http/http_request.c server/mpm/experimental/event/event.c
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:23:51 GMT
On Oct 28, 2005, at 1:10 AM, Joe Orton wrote:

> There are still crashes in free() for an --enable-pool-debug build
> (prefork); backtraces like the below seem to show that r->pool is
> getting destroyed way too early by the looks of it.

I just figured out why this was happening.  The root cause ended
up being embarrassingly simple: r->pool was destroyed at the
expected spot, following the invocation of the logger, but the
very next operation in the core output filter referenced the
brigade that had contained the EOR bucket--a brigade that
had been allocated out of r->pool.

With fix 329484 committed, I'm now getting a clean test run of the
perl_framework tests with --enable-pool-debug=all

Thanks for catching the error!

Brian