httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: rproxy close_wait high cpu
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:59:25 GMT
Jon Snow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running solaris 8 with apache 2.0.53 over openssl 0.9.7 as a reverse
> proxy which terminates and reestablishes SSL to the backend. I run the worker
> mpm with 100 threads per process. The server has minimal load and uses a
> crypto card. The build is pretty minimal and runs in a gateway environment.
>
> I have had alot of issues with processes going into a high cpu state. These
> are always associated with close_wait state connections and nearly all the
> time all the connections are close_wait. Would this suggest something shared
> is affecting all connections/threads in the process?

Jon - first try bumping to 2.0.55, and secondly apply two patches,

   http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=16744
   fixes a flaw in proxy body handling/forwarding corruption, and

   http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-2.0-proto-timeout.patch
   fixes the timeout upon connection, as opposed to leaving the initial
   connection socket as blocking or nonblocking, no timeout.

see if these help resolve your proxy situation.

Bill