httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: mod_mbox spinning processes on ajax
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:20:58 GMT

Maxime Petazzoni wrote:

> This email is 457 kbytes long, maybe it just take some time to iterate
> through 450k+ characters. Maybe we could find a better algorithm ?

It may well be that the problem is just a poorly performing algorithm.
But it should be a priority to be fixed.

There are over 30 httpd processes on cpu on ajax at the moment, some
having used several hundred minutes of cpu time (and mostly in the range
of 25-50MB of RAM).  And every one that I try is working on
mbox_wrap_text, usually on an svn-commit notice email.   This is
probably triggered by a robot, but regardless, it needs to be fixed.

I've dropped a few more core files in ajax:/raid1/httpd-cores.

Joshua.