httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <>
Subject Re: mod_mbox
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 05:40:29 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 06:46:57PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>> 1. Do we really want people "subscribing" to mailing lists using atom
>> over http?  This would consume way more resources than a standard
>> mailing list subscription (due to the polling nature of atom).  I don't
>> have any evidence, but this worrys me.
> I thought they were static files?

No, it is generated from the mbox files on request.  It does include
E-Tag and Last-Modified.

It could be made into a static file.  I proposed doing this originally,
but it does add a few issues like creating correct absolute URLs from
mod-mbox-util, and no one seemed to really care at the time, so I just
made it another handler inside the module, since it was easier.

View raw message