httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: MMN and branches (was Re: svn commit: r307031)
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:22:47 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> c) don't backport ABI changes to branches; a branch much fork from a
> specific MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR and must be rebased entirely to move
> to a new major
>
>  -> avoids the problem entirely

It's always this way on even branches, but we are talking about odd #'ed
branches, here.

> d) drop the requirement that the MMN must reflect every single ABI
> change and make some more fundamental change

I've always considered the possibility that we only bump MMN major, by
date, exactly once when we roll rev x.y.n <shrug>.

Better idea; let's refactor the whole MMN magic in httpd 3.0?

(It's already looking, from the scope of the experimental asynch branch,
that it's likely to become 3.0.)

Bill