httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r307031 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h include/http_core.h modules/http/http_core.c server/core.c server/core_filters.c server/protocol.c
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:47:17 GMT
Brian J. France wrote:
> Will this patch allow the removal of this code from mod_ftp
> ftp_ssl_init function:
>
>     /* This is handled in the NET_TIME filter, which unfortunately
>      * ignores the timeout for the purpose of AP_MODE_INIT.
>      * Fix a timeout so the core read filter will behave.
>      */
>     client_socket = ap_get_module_config(cdata->conn_config,
>                                          &core_module);
>     apr_socket_timeout_set(client_socket, cdata->base_server->timeout);

Yup.

mod_ftp has a number of timeouts, itself, and might possibly benefit
some administrators if we shift to cdata->base_server->keepalive_timeout
after the first request line is read.  This way, one could have a very
short (e.g. 10 sec) timeout to begin processing the USER command, while
providing the user a more generous (e.g. 180 sec) timeout between cmds.
The more that I think about it, that shift should only happen once the
user is authenticated.

> BTW, did subversion lose the annotate web feature?

I understand it's crippled due to being a massive memory hog, but that
the command line flavor of the same would work.