httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Flexible Handlers
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:30:22 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:

> This is interesting. But what if we had a "handler chain" much like a
> filter chain?  First one to return OK stops the chain.  Chains could be
> built up as one shots (like SetHandler) or more elaborate like
> mod_filter does with filters.  the default_handler in core could always
> be added to the end.

Some pseudo config directives

<Location /stuff>
	SetHandler stuff-handler
	#Handler chain is now stuff-handler, default
</Location>

HandlerChain name-of-chain stuff-handler other-handler yet-another

<Location /stuff2>
	SetHandlerChain name-of-chain
	# handler chain is now stuff-handler, other-handler,
	# yet-another, default

</Location>

<Location /more-stuff>
	SetHandlerChain name-of-chain
	AddHandler something-handler
	#handler chain is now stuff-handler, other-handler,
	# yet-another, something-handler default
</Location>

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer