httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Djalaliev <peter.djalal...@gmail.com>
Subject functions registered for hooks - do they run in same process/thread?
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:09:57 GMT
Hello,

I understand that a module registers its own functions for different hooks
in order to introduce its own functionality at different points of a request
handling. I also understand that the module can specify if it wants its
function to be executed first, in the middle or last, with relation to other
modules' functions registered for the same hook.

When these functions are actually called, do they execute in the same
process and thread (if threads are used) as the process/thread handling the
connection? For example, if the worker MPM module is used, a single thread
would handle a single connection. Would the mod_ssl code, for example,
execute within the thread for that connection?

I can be reached at peter.djalaliev@gmail.com

Best Regards,
Peter