httpd-dev mailing list archives

From andreas.kon...@arcor.de
Subject curious write-requests
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:01:21 GMT
Hello,

we have an extra partition (ReiserFS) for the htdocs directory of our apache 1.3.28 (SuSE
9.0).
For performance issues we have monitored our webserver with the tool "iostat" and recognized
many write-requests on the htdocs-partition.

Can anyone explain to me where this write-requests do come from? Who is writing and what/why?

In a test we requested only static html-pages which can't write temporary files. Nevertheless
we had this write-requests.

Kind regards

Andreas

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - ├╝ber 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1