httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: [pre-release] 2.0.55 *candidate* available for testing
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:49:21 GMT
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:38:03AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Anybody who wants to run the latest version of httpd on their RPM based
> server,

How many people actually build RPM's is what I'm wondering, given the
errors that creep in in the releases, and we don't see that many
complaints, it can't be a very high number. I see a fair amount of
downloads for the RPM's files themselves, which is what makes me wonder.

I don't think having to un-tar a tarball, and mv a file in place is that
big an imposition on a packager. I mean I have to copy over an entire
"debian/" hierarchy and modify the Makefile before I install a new
version on our production kit, and I've considered that an imposition.