httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ondrej Sury <ond...@sury.org>
Subject Re: Pluggable mod_log_config
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:26:45 GMT
On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 09:19 -0400, Brian Akins wrote:
> Ondrej Sury wrote:
>
> > Even now when you want to make some log files buffered and some not you
> > are out of luck and this could also be solved by making plugging more
> > "general".
>

> Ok I see what you mean and I agree.  Maybe something stupid like a
> SetLogHandler similar to SetHandler?  or as an argument to CustomLog?

I think that argument to CustomLog is ok...  you just need to check if
logger was already initialized or not (ie. return NULL or data structure
from ap_*_logger_init).  Each ap_*_logger_init function will be run in
some order (AP_HOOK_FIRST, etc.) and it will stop after logger will get
initialized.  Should not be that hard to implement.

> Hmmm... Maybe custom loggers could be providers that have an init and a
> writer function.

Yep, something like that.

You also need to store which writer to use in each config_log_state.

I'll think about it more and came with some proposal (or patch :-).

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej@sury.org>