httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ondrej Sury <ond...@sury.org>
Subject Pluggable mod_log_config
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:19:22 GMT
Hi,

I am working on mod_log_spread for apache 2.0.  Old mod_log_spread for
apache 1.3 was based on some older version of mod_log_config and so it
is my new version based on (recent) mod_log_config from apache 2.0.54.

Right now any module which wants to implement custom logging has to
reimplement or reuse some parts of mod_log_config (at least log_*).

Maybe I am beating dead horse, but have you been thinking about
pluggable mod_log_config?  It should not be that hard, moving
ap_log_writer *log_writer and ap_log_writer_init *log_writer_init to
config_log_state structure and some modifications to code should do the
trick.  Then there will be hook for open_config_log, which will either
fill in config_log_state or DECLINE, and config_log_transaction will
call cls->write_log(r, cls->log_writer, ...);

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej@sury.org>