httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues for 2.1.8
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:44:25 GMT
> On Sunday 18 September 2005 22:24, Paul Querna wrote:
> > I would like to tag and start a 2.1.8-beta cycle next weekend.
> >
> > According to our VERSIONING file, we should remove all modules
> > underneath modules/experimental/ for the 2.2.0 release.  This currently
> > includes mod_case_filter, mod_charset_lite, mod_example, mod_dbd, and
> > mod_filter.  This means we should either declare some of these modules
> > 'stable', or remove them from the 2.2.x branch until they are considered
> > stable. The alternative is to change our VERSIONING policy/file.  Thoughts?
>
> Yow!
>
> Well, I'm responsible for mod_filter and mod_dbd being in experimental.
> I thought it appropriate to put them there until such time as they've been
> sufficiently test-driven in the real world to declare stable.  That depends on
> them going into a release.  The same probably applies to charset_lite if
> anyone is taking an interest(?)

charset_lite is stable as in "works without crashing" (at least on
z/OS).  It is rather simplistic in its configuration options and I
thought for a while that the configuration might need to be completely
redesigned to accomodate real-world issues.  But it is usable enough
with the current directives and should be placed in the filter
directory.