httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject mod_smtpd and old versions of apache2
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:27:19 GMT
So I'm playing around with mod_smtpd_queue_smtp, a module that has
mod_smtpd "queue" messages by forwarding them on to another smtp
server, and I ran into a little snag.

It appears that in older versions of apache2 (2.0.53 in this case)
conn->input_filters->ctx is NULL when smtpd_create_conn_rec gets
called.  This results in a crash when mod_smtpd tries to poke around
in there looking for the client socket, so it can set a big-ass
timeout on it.

Is it even necessary to do this?  Making the timeout conditional on
the context being non-null seems to fix the problem, and things seem
to work ok, but I have to wonder why it's needed in the first place...

-garrett