httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r.pl...@t-online.de
Subject Re: Distributing httpd-2.2, redux
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:37:06 GMT

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

[..cut..]

>> My only comment about unbundling pcre is that we're *very* particular
>> about the pcre version.
>

> Then we should scream loudly if they don't grab the -bundle package that
> their system pcre is quite crufty and can't be used?

As far as I understood Justin, most OS'es do not deliver a usable pcre version
(cannot judge this myself).
So if most users are forced for that reason to download the bundle tar ball
I think the whole split in two tar's does not seem to make sense. So I guess
pcre should stay coupled with the core httpd tar bundle and everything else
can be moved to the bundle tar ball.

Regards

RĂ¼diger