httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1.8-beta available for Testing and Voting
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:16:18 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> The 2.1.8 tarball bundles a copy APR 1.2.1 and APR-Util 1.2.1.

I'm afraid -1 on beta (+1 to alpha), until I can roll a binary with apr
and apr-util 1.2.2 (the first to run again on Windows).

I thought apr was semi-decoupled, meaning we would include a minimum
recommended apr, but that it would be compiled against a later, system
installed flavor of apr/apr-util if found?  In that case it shouldn't
be an issue to take a subversion bump up on apr.

> The 2.1.8 tarball no longer includes the XML Files for generating the
> documentation.  Only the generated HTML Files are packaged.

-1 - this doesn't help folks contribute patches to docs.

If you aren't aware, your modern browser can actually display the
.xml.lang flavors of the files, meaning it's easy to make corrections
and submit them to the docs project.

Bill