httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Issues for 2.1.8
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:20:47 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> httpd needs an incubator to develop small well defined modular features,
> and provide a meaningful distribution mechanism to get this incubated code
> to a wide audience.
>
> Up till now, experimental is that mechanism.

Badda bing badda boom - I think you've nailed it on the head :)

> You have proposed that experimental be removed, but by doing that you have
> removed the incubator. You have not yet proposed a process that will
> replace the incubator.

Now -that- is something to discuss ... and I'll drop this thread on that
very productive note until next week.

We have one, FYI...  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/httpd/
currently empty as there are no modules or subprojects in incubation
at this moment.

Bill