httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Engels <kai.eng...@gmx.de>
Subject patch to mod_arm4
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:03:53 GMT
Hello,

I write to this address since I have made some changes to the mod_arm4
module which I hope you will find usefull.

Patch it by unzipping the patch, changing into the mod_arm4 directory
and say

 patch -p1 < mod_arm4_20052009.patch

Then change to the mod_arm4 source directory and say

autoreconf -ivf
 ./configure
 make
 make install

This should do the job. Check if apxs is in your PATH, otherwise use
"--with-apxs=path/where/apxs/is".

--------------------------------------
My changes are:

1. added a configure structure to the module

2.  added a new metric to each transaction which allows to measure the
amount of bytes sent during that transaction. I currently use the
variable "bytes_sent" from the request_rec structure. I also tried
"clength" but it seemed not to give as good results as "bytes sent".
Maybe you guys can give me a hint which of them better suites my needs
since I made my decision on "try and error" but was not sure what
exactly each variable contains.

3. Added the environment variable "ARM_CORRELATOR" with the current
stringified correlator to the "subprocess_env" table in order to be able
to hand over the correlator to other processes (e.g. cgi scripts,
databases etc.). The apache server transaction can then be identified as
parent transaction  by these processes (in case they interpret this
environment variable). I have currently instrumented sqlite and used the
same mechanism for this purpose.

I did not fix yet all compiler warnings (since I am not sure what
"warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing
rules" exactly means). How shall I handle future changes to this module
(e.g. above mentioned compiler warnings)? Send them to this list again?

BTW: Is the arm4 module not listed on modules.apache.org?  Or did I just
not see it?
Greetings
Kai