httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <>
Subject Re: Issues for 2.1.8
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:14:14 GMT

>>> On Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 9:58:16 pm, in message
<>, wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> What is the real issue with having an experimental module subdir?
>> If it makes it easier for people to use it or try it out, then
>> why not?
> Because --with-foo / --without-foo syntax gives **NO** indication to
> the user, or indication from the user, that they are willing to use
> experimental code.

  But why does that matter?  So I build a module that is experimental.
Nothing is going to happen until I use it and in order to use it I will
probably have to look at the documentation.  In fact even before I
decide that it is something useful to me, I will have to look at the
docs.  The docs clearly state that the status is experimental.

View raw message