httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Issues for 2.1.8
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:48:06 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
>>So, lets change the VERSIONING file/policy.  Experimental Modules will
>>be included in the stable branch. Majority Agree?
>
> +1, qualified by:
>
> Let's *prune* /experimental/ actively.  Any module that's attracting bug
> reports/trouble that aren't getting fixed goes out.  Modules that are
> getting used and properly maintained get promoted.

Wrong again - once it has shipped as 2.2.0, it will stay in 2.2.x, no
matter if it's getting any better or not.  This is solidly codified in
our VERSIONING policy.

The confusion here, is that there should be no more /experimental/,
period.  If it isn't gone, I'll svn rm it myself on friday, after moving
each module living under the long abandoned /experimental/ tree into the
proper categorical modules/xxx/ home dir.  Then, we can decide which
modules, based on the already-rolled alphas, just aren't ready for
prime time and should be axed before beta.

Bill