httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.1/2.2/2.3...
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:23:20 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Could someone explain to me what the current thinking is about
> the httpd SVN trunk? Is it 2.3.0? 2.1.x? Where does 2.2 fit
> in all this? So patches made to HEAD/trunk need to be
> backported to 2.2, and 2.1 and then 2.0 ???

Trunk is always open development.  Nothing should stop someone from
hacking on anything here. It is 2.3-dev.  It will never become 2.2.x.

2.2.x branch will become 2.2.0, someday. It is currently 2.1.8-dev, and
it is CTR. My preference is to focus on back porting bug fixes only. If
a new bug fix is made in trunk and backported to 2.0, we should do it
here too.  My goal is to put out another beta every couple weeks.  Fix
the bugs found in the last beta, and repeat until we have something
ready for GA.

The 2.0 branch is the same as always.