httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [semi-PATCH] Allow out-of-tree apr/apu source
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:10:12 GMT
Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:59:07AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 11:26:04PM -0700, Sander Temme wrote:
>>
>>>Trying to scratch a personal itch tonight. I'd like to build my
>>>checked out tree against a checkout of {apr,apu}, which sit somewhere
>>>else on my system. As far as I can tell, this is currently not
>>>possible. I tried to point buildconf to my working copies: it borks.
>>>The following patch to buildconf (also attached) unborks:
>>
>>You have to buildconf both the apr and apr-util source trees before
>>doing so in the httpd tree, which is not unreasonable IMO.  I think it'd
>>be surprising behaviour for the httpd buildconf to go and regenerate the
>>configure script in the external directories so -0 on the patch.
>

> I think the problem is that although buildconf claims to look in srclib/apr
> and ../apr, configure.in only runs APR_FIND_APR on srclib/apr, so never
> looks in ../apr. I have been running with the attached patch instead,
> but I think the aim is the same.. (There is a problem here..)

What's significant about ../apr though?  It's outside our build tree, so
shouldn't be in the list of 'default paths'.

Doesn't

./buildconf --with-apr=../apr

solve your problems?  We can certainly expand the arg to a full path, if
that's an issue, and also we really should set up ./configure so that
you don't have to re-declare --with-apr all over again after providing
that to buildconf.

I'd offer another comprimize, though, if you want to treat the httpd's
parent directory as 'srclib'.  What about --with-srclib=..   ?

Bill