httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: How long until 2.2
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:18:34 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
>

>> May I suggest you put the following proposal to your management.
>>
>> cost of devoting a senior engineer for the next month or two to help
>> 'field test' apache 2.2 in a high scale environment, identifying and
>> submitting patches to 2.2 is Y.
>

> I have been testing 2.1 in our environment.  So far, so good.  I was
> especially testing the prosy stuff (proxy, http, and balancer).  Very
> good stuff.
>
> The event MPM is much slower in our case.

I guess for some definition of "much" I am not suprised. I would expect the event MPM to consume
more CPU than
worker under 'low' workloads (low number of concurrent clients) because it's making more system
calls to do
the same amount of work. Event should start to show benefits as the number of concurrent connections
into the
server goes up.  That's what I would expect anyway; no idea if the event MPM is sufficiently
refined to show
any benefit at any workload.

Bill