httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: How long until 2.2
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:42:57 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> May I suggest you put the following proposal to your management.
>
> cost of devoting a senior engineer for the next month or two to help
> 'field test' apache 2.2 in a high scale environment, identifying and
> submitting patches to 2.2 is Y.

I have been testing 2.1 in our environment.  So far, so good.  I was
especially testing the prosy stuff (proxy, http, and balancer).  Very
good stuff.

The event MPM is much slower in our case.

The new cache still is too slow for our needs.  With several of the
patches I have submitted here, we get within about 10% of our in-house
cache.  I have integrated allot of the mod_cache stuff into our in-house
cache modules.  I suppose our own single-purpose module (reverse
proxy/cache)will always outperform the more general stock mod_cache.

Everything else just works :)

Thanks!

--
Brian Akins