httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r279612 - in /httpd/site/trunk: docs/index.html xdocs/index.xml
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:04:56 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: pquerna
>> Date: Thu Sep  8 13:05:21 2005
>> New Revision: 279612

>> Log:
>> s/alpha/beta/i for 2.1.7.
>

> I'm confused... reviewing the entire month's archive for the word
> 'beta' I counted
>
>  +1 Jim, Paul, Brad, Jeff, Justin
>  -1 Myself, Mladen, Nick, Rainer
>
> I saw Joe comment -very- frequently and solving the various problems,
> but didn't see a vote from him on dev@httpd (sorry if I missed it).

He did vote +1:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200508.mbox/%3c20050822104412.GA20488@redhat.com%3e

> Some of these votes (Rainer for example) was advisory/not binding, but
> it doesn't look like a resounding voice of support.  Almost every person
> above sounded tickled by the idea of declaring 2.1.8 beta, now that all
> the quirks are being solved.  Nobody seemed to object to 2.1.7 alpha.

No one voted on Alpha. That would be a different vote.

Doing a 2.1.8 is a different topic.

Yes, there are many fixes already present in trunk, and yes, I agree
that 2.1.8 would be nice, but we aren't voting on 2.1.8.

We are voting on 2.1.7-beta.  We are voting to certify that as a
release.  By my count of binding votes, it passed by 1 vote.

You are welcome to RM a 2.1.8 release, but right now I am only concerned
with finishing the 2.1.7 cycle.  I plan on sending out the announcement
email later today, after making sure the website is all ready.

-Paul